최용진집사.jpg
최용진 집사
[글로벌 메시아 여성 합창단]

Recently on Twitter, I chanced up on an interesting article.  

It's about an unexpected friendship formed between Michael Chesire (Pastor, The Journey Church, Conifer, CO.) and Ted Haggard (Pastor, St. James Church, Colorado Springs, CO.).

You can read the article here, http://bit.ly/VgAgKk.  

The link for this article came from a Twitter account advertising various media services for church presentations.  

However, from time to time, the persons responsible for this account sends interesting articles like the one mentioned above. 

This serves to connect us not only to them and their services, but deeper down to our core. 

In this day and age, inspirations and challenges to our faith can come from unexpected sources. 

Services like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google allows not only allows everyone to be informed of the latest news, your thoughts and feelings, or your lunch, but gives you that opportunity to join in and share.  

You can choose to follow the obvious sources such as CNN, and MSNBC to get your latest news from around the world.  

You can follow your favorite celebrities and see what they are eating for lunch.  

Or you can follow a random person to see their latest pictures of their cat, wearing a bowler cap.  

"Garbage In, Garbage Out" is the term most appropriate.  

It is very easy to get carried away with lot of missives and thoughts.

You can easily be swallowed by, and washed away, in the torrent of random missives and thoughts, too numerous to count.  

You get washed away in the complaints about the music that coffee shop is playing at this time.  

Or perhaps, it's the betrayal we all feel from our friends, family, leaders, and politicians when they do things that we don't approve of (guilty as charged).  

This is the essence, then, of Garbage In, Garbage Out.

But from time to time, a tweet or a small message containing a random Bible verse catches my eye.  

Likewise, a Facebook friend would share a verse, or a passage, that challenged his faith, challenging me to see the beauty and grace, a hidden lesson, the gift of grace through the word.  

Or occasionally, a small note of thanks, for prayer answered, appears in my stream.

Even a photo of a sunset reminds me of the beauty that He has created.

There is an audience no matter how fleeting or unimportant that tweet or status update is.  
No matter how small and insignificant our actions may seem, there is always someone ready to pass judgment on the basis of that small, insignificant action.  

The irrelevant tweets and status updates won't stop.  

But, I'll keep this thought in mind next time I want to post a video of a pug puppy getting dried after its bath with a hair dryer (which, incidentally, is available here: http://bit.ly/12DmgBj).

특집기사보기